Kindly take a couple of minutes to go thru this notel. If useful
may advise others also. Please pass this on to others This happened in
Colombo recently and may happen elsewhere also.
few weeks ago, in Savoyfilm hall,
a person felt something poking from her seat. When she got up
to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a
note attached saying "You have just been infected by HIV". The
Disease Control Center (in Colombo ) reports many similar events
in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive.
The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers at
public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced
with this kind of situation.
All public chairs/seats should be inspectedwith vigilance and caution before use.
A careful visual inspection shouldbe enough. In addition,
they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family
and your friends of the potential danger.
Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance
that happened to one of his patients at the Contrast Cinema in Dalugama.
A young girl, engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was
pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the
message " Welcome to the World of HIV family". Though the doctors told
her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong
enought to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive
about 5-6years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock
thought". We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help!
Just think about saving a life by forwarding this message. Please, take a
seconds of your time to pass along.
I.A.S, Director of Medical & Research Institute
Sri Lanka .